January 19, 2009

winter treat

My two neices C & L came out to visit us last week from Arizona, and we taught them how to make yummy peppermint bark. This is one of my mom's favorite sweets--she's always been akin to minty things.

PEPPERMINT BARK - EASY PEASY RECIPE

1 bag dark chocolate candy melts (available at Michaels or JoAnns)
1 bag white chocolate candy melts
1 box candy canes
1 cookie sheet
Plastic bag

Remove plastic from candy canes, and place in plastic bag. Break into small pieces with a heavy utensil (I used the back of a bread knife). Set aside. Pour dark chocolate candies into microwavable bowl, and melt in 30 second increments until fully melted & stirrable. Pour onto ungreased cookie sheet, and spread around to make an even layer with a spatula. Set in fridge to set (5-10 mins).


Clean bowl, and dry thoroughly. Pour in white chocolate candy melts, and melt in 30 second increments in the microwave, the same as the dark chocolate. Pour quickly onto solid dark chocolate, and spread with spatula. Sprinkle crushed candy canes on top, before white chocolate sets. Place in fridge to cool and set.


Once the chocolate has hardened, pry a side up from the sheet, and begin to break the large piece into small pieces. Be sure to enjoy a bite or two as you do this... :) Place in a cute tin and share a little sweetness with friends!


Happy Winter!

4 comments:

leanne said...

These look so yummy! I just finished dinner and now I want something sweet:) I have never made them with both kinds of chocolate...I'll have to try it soon.

tess said...

um. love these. i think i'll be wearing red and white stripes today.

leanne said...

hey friend...maybe you can help me out:) How did you get your shelfari bookshelf to be so big? Mine only shows one book and I'm not sure why. Any ideas?

leanne said...

ok, never mind....I just figured it out. Sorry to bother you:)