November 16, 2010

gryffindor & hufflepuff


Harry Potter Scarves
Pattern: House Scarves; Charmed Knits, Alison Hansel
Yarn: Simply Soft in Autumn Red, Black, and Sunshine
Needles: Circular size 7

They are finally finished: Scarves of the house of Gryffindor (red & gold) and Hufflepuff (black and gold). I began these puppies back in July...! Yikes. I needed to get these in the mail asap, so the pictures were taken in a hurry... but you get the idea. Knit in the round, and "sewn" together at the ends with fringe. This is the first time I've ever knit a scarf this way, and I absolutely love it; so thick, fluffy, and soft. I hope they show well at the HP movie premiere this week for my neice and her friend. :)



With my needles free {finally!}, I knit up a little hat for Liv during a movie the other night:

Just simple rib stitch and stockinette. Great timing, as the next day it snowed! It's odd to see her hair so contained, isn't it? While most people dread hat hair, I think it will work in her favor... it was amazingly tame when we took the hat off, haha. I have some leftover red yarn from the scarves, so I'm in process of making a little red beanie to match her coat, with a seed stitch rim instead of rib. Because baby hats make one feel accomplished. ;)

Projects come in waves, don't they? Soak up that motivation and run with it, baby.

1 comment:

leanne said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you got those fun scarves done. They will love them. And that hat is too cute! I can't believe you just whipped it up. We need another craft day soon:)