November 8, 2010

gingerbread owls & labs


R & I had a little date night on Saturday, and ended up grabbing some Mexican food and wandering into some shops closeby, including Sur La Table.  I don't go to this store very often, but when I do, I've kinda made up my own tradition of leaving with a cookie cutter--they're only a $1 each, and they have soo many different kinds. I love looking through them.

This time I was in for a treat: I found an owl cutter on sale for 50 cents {thank you, Halloween}:

Of course, I don't have a clue how to exactly ice an owl, but it's all good...

I felt so good about the 50 cents deal, that when I saw this one I didn't stop myself from getting it:

 A Dex dog cutter!
And so, baking has begun for the season. I made some pumpkin and fall leaf gingerbread cookies a couple of weeks ago, but those didn't last long {i.e. why no photos!}. :)

In other news, I have a couple of scarves I need to finish ASAP--as in today, hopefully--and get in the mail this week. My neice and her friend are hoping to wear them to go and see this. More soon!

No comments: