March 16, 2010

olivia elaine.

She's here...
Born on March 2, 2010, at 8:35 pm, after 20 hours of labor. Little Olivia Elaine. We finally chose her name as they handed her to us! We knew her middle name would be Elaine; it's mine, and it's also my mom's. It's meaning is very special to me as she will always have a part of my mom with her. But Olivia... R has loved this name for awhile, and I was a little hesitant--I have been pining over Etta for months. But as soon as I saw her, I let Etta go. "She looks like an Olivia," I said, and R agreed.





I know everyone says it, but it's true: I never thought I could love someone so much. She is simply precious; right now my favorite time is watching her sleep, or soothing her when she's upset. To see her relax and find comfort in either R's or my arms is the best.

Olivia is two weeks old today (!) and we've been blessed with R having those two weeks off. He went back to work today, so it's my first full day with her. So far, things are going really well, and I feel good, but tired. She's napping now...


I think I won't be too far behind.

4 comments:

Rae said...

Congratulations! You look amazing! I love the picture of you kissing Olivia, so cute. :-)

Unknown said...

Oh wow! I am SO excited for you! :D Leanne told me that you had her and she showed me the picture she took on her cell phone. Your daughter is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I can't believe how much she looks like you! You and your husband look so happy! Congratulations! How's Dex taking it? :)

leanne said...

Hey Mommy Minnz...I love the pics. Especially the little smile-y ones! What a sweetie. I can't wait to see you all again.

Phil and Danielle said...

Mindy! She is so beautiful! I love the name. You got such great shots of her. This is going to be a perfect match! Thanks for sharing! God is so good!