February 21, 2009

back to the straps

Does this fabric look familiar? :) Many thanks to Janie, who showed me how to sew a strap correctly! I am in love with this method, and am pretty sure any future straps I make will be similar... it's so easy compared to what the pattern said to do. Basically, this involved interfacing a piece of fabric about 4-5" wide, folding the sides inward, then folding the fabric in half, pressing, and then sewing the sides together. As you can see:

I love how the stitching looks on top. Very clean. (I'm new to sewing, so I'm a little excited about the little things... :) I'm using cream-colored thread; I think dark thread would look neat as well.


Now, I need to sew the bottom of the bag, add the lining and the straps, and we should be good to go...it will eventually look like this:

1 comment:

tess said...

these straps looks so nice! a nice, proper job. can't wait to see the finished project. especially interested to see what button you've chosen to finish it off...
ps hope puppers is recovering well!