May 22, 2008

victory garden

Welcome back! I hope that your week has been well and that you've been able to squeeze in some creative time.

I love old photographs, and the one above is no exception; it was taken in 1942, and is of neighbors sharing produce from their Victory Gardens. I'm hoping that for this moment, maybe they were able to enjoy a day in the sunshine without worrying about the raging war. {Of course, the whole purpose of the Victory Garden was to help reduce the public demand for produce by encouraging people to raise their own food in wartime... } But if it's any indication from their smiles, I would have to say this had been a good day.

I am grateful for all of the men and women who have served our country, and are currently serving our country. Thank you for giving us our freedom, and for maintaining it. Have a safe and relaxing Memorial Day weekend, friends!

2 comments:

leanne said...

Hi friend. I LOVE your new look. So cool. Have a happy weekend and let's chat soon!

tess said...

hey lady! what a victorious new look! love it and love most especially the green. hope you have a splendid weekend!